February 01, 2008

"That's like putting your whole mouth right in the dip!"

Told ya.

Testing confirms Seinfeld phobia: Double dippers turn dip into bacterial soup
"It's not going to cause the plague probably, but the fact of the matter is ... if there was somebody in the room that had (a contagious disease) who was double-dipping, it's a pretty high risk that it's going to be transferred to other people if they're going to be eating out of that bowl."


And it's not a phobia. It's science.

If you must dip a chip multiple times, break it apart first and dip the pieces separately. And wash your hands first.

End of conversation.

5 comments:

Mike Wilhelm said...

Amen

terri said...

I'm getting the impression that you have strong feelings about this subject. What are your views on doorknobs and public bathrooms? :)

Sharp said...

It is often a logistical puzzle for me. I'm not immobilized by it. Worse comes to worse, I live with it. But whenever I shake hands with someone or handle our cats, I am always conscious of what I touch until I can clean my hands.

I carry a little bottle of sanitizer in my pocket at all times, if that tells you anything.

Sharp said...

Also, I suspend all these rules with my wife. We double dip with abandon when it's just us!

terri said...

It tells me that you are a careful, conscientious person who is not a freak because you suspend your rules with your wife. :)